- This event has passed.
CU Live! Charitable Giving Strategies with Rufus Davenport
July 14, 2021 @ 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm EDT
Sponsored by the Annie Clarkson Society
Charitable giving can be much more than an end-of-year check to your favorite institution. It can be a key element in a financial plan, that, if structured properly, will not only accomplish philanthropic goals but also provide tax and income benefits that can further your personal financial objectives.
At this event we will be sharing charitable giving strategies that run from the simple to the complex. We will discuss how different methods of giving provide distinct sets of opportunities (and drawbacks), so you can better decide whether a creative charitable gift fits in your plan.
After attending this event, you will learn:
- How lifetime gifts differ from charitable bequests
- How income tax deductions factor into charitable gifts
- How methods that defer donations but yield upfront benefits to you
- Learn how to donate effectively using particular assets, such as retirement benefits or life insurance
- Understand which techniques give you the flexibility to change your mind about which organization will receive your charitable donation
Questions? Contact Ashley Anderson at firstname.lastname@example.org.